18 children injured, 1 seriously, in Queens house fire sparked by lithium-ion battery

Published by
New York Daily News

NEW YORK — Eighteen children were injured in a Queens house fire sparked by a lithium-ion battery on Wednesday, officials said. The blaze broke out in the basement of the two-story house on in Kew Gardens Hills around 2:05 p.m., according to the FDNY. “Companies arrived and found heavy fire in the basement,” said FDNY Chief of Operations John Esposito. Firefighters removed the 18 children from the house. One was seriously injured; the others suffered minor injuries. One of the injured children was rescued from the basement, the FDNY said. The fire was placed under control around 2:45 p.m., off…

Read More

Leave a Reply